We got the idea from my son who came home from college and was telling us about these new tattoos people were getting that were soundwaves. The really cool thing is that the people that had these tattoos could scan them with their smart phones and when scanned they could actually hear the voice in the soundwave. How cool is that!?!
The problem in my opinion was in order to scan the tattoo and get your phone to read it you had to use their software which cost money.
Here at MBJD Laser we thought we would try the same thing but tie the soundwave into a QR Code. When you scan the QR the message in the voice wave will play. The best part is, QR Code scanners are FREE. Anyone with a smartphone can play these great soundwave gifts. There is literally to much to explain in a blog about how all the pieces come together to make this work but I will break it down here to a few steps.
1. Take any audio that you like and save it. It can be anything from a phone message, to an old video, or even one of those old halmark cards where you used your voice to make the card.
2. Use just about any free voice recording app to create the soundwave. Save the wave as a jpg image.
3. Take the soundwave image to your laser software and manipulate it just as you would any image.
4. Create a dynamic QR Code with the voice message attached to that QR Code.
5. Laser the Soundwave and the QR Code to whatever you like. Bingo
It took me quite some time to get all the techy aspect figured out but if I haven't lost you yet you might want to see the video in this blog post as well. Enjoy and have fun.